Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
I am very grateful for all those people who assisted in making the Good Shepherd festival successful. In addition to working the festival, many people worked long hours in preparing for it. We thank all the sponsors of the festival, those who parked cars, and set up and cleaned up. Not only was the festival financially successful (it will take a month or so to get an exact profit figure), but the festival provided a good deal of enjoyment to many people, which is quite important as well. Many people remarked how much they enjoyed the food, the entertainment, and the whole festival. A nice percentage of our parish acted as volunteers, and we were blessed with good weather for the most part. I am not really a fan of fireworks, but I would have to say I really enjoyed the display this year. Many people commented on how pleased they were with the fireworks.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, July 24 to Sunday, July 31
- Tuesday, July 26: Bingo
- Saturday, July 30: Catholic Relief Collection
- Sunday, July 31: Catholic Relief Collection
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – July 30 to October 23, 2016 (New)
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Altar Server Schedule –July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Greeter Schedule –July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 3 to October 30, 2016 (New)
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections for July 17, 2016 (16th Sunday in Ordinary Time) to August 21, 2016 (21st Sunday in Ordinary Time) are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: email@example.com.