Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Thoughts on Confirmation
I am quite grateful and pleased that we had such an uplifting, spiritual experience at our Confirmation on St. Joseph’s day. Bishop Bambera made everyone feel at ease, offered a fine dialogue homily and seemed to really enjoy his time at Good Shepherd. Fr. Brian Clarke made our altar servers feel comfortable as well. I think the whole Confirmation experience went very well, especially considering the early Confirmation date, the weather setbacks for classes, the postponements of the retreats, etc. I appreciate the effort put into the Confirmation preparation by our Coordinator, Judy Whitaker; teachers Jean Rudawski and Katie Ventra, our Youth Minister; Carmella LaBuz, who helped with classes in addition to arranging the music; Irene Slebodnick and Erin Braddock, our secretary, who assisted with the paperwork; our cantor, Judi Yamulla, who also aided at Confirmation practices; and all members of our music ministry. I thank Joe Chura, Jay Lindsey and Joe Yamulla for setting up for Confirmation; Jean Klinger, Betty Lyons and Connie Marcino for preparing the church and cleaning; and our altar servers and lectors who participated in the Mass. I thank Joe Yamulla for coordinating the Mass and Dennis Palmer who helped him. Finally, I thank the Confirmation candidates and their parents and sponsors and all who attended the Confirmation liturgy. I am happy that the students responded very well to the questions asked by Bishop Bambera. I would hope that the Confirmation experience will inspire all of us who participated to rise to the challenge of living out our faith with renewed enthusiasm.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members. You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, March 29 to Sunday, April 5
- Monday, March 30: Easter Bingo for children of parish, hosted by Women of Good Shepherd
- Tuesday, March 31: **NO Bingo**
- Wednesday, April 1: Tree of Life Reflection presented by Hazleton Area Ministerium at St Peter's Episcopal Church, Hazleton
- Holy Thursday, April 2: Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper (no morning Mass)
- Good Friday, April 3: Service of the Lord’s Passion (no morning Mass, Stations of the Cross will not be held)
- Holy Saturday, April 4: Blessing of Easter Baskets
- Holy Saturday, April 4: Solemn Easter Vigil
- Easter Sunday, April 5: The Resurrection of the Lord
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – March 28 to June 28
- Extraordinary Minister Holy Week Schedule – April 2 to April 5
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – April 11 to June 28
- Altar Server Schedule – April 4 to June 28
- Greeter Schedule – April 4 to June 28
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – March 15 to July 5
From Our Music Ministry: Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections (February 18 to April 3, 2015)
The Hymn Selections and Responsorial Psalm Selections for February 18 (Ash Wednesday) to April 3 (Good Friday), 2015, are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.