Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Due to my own malfunctioning equipment, I was forced to postpone showing some old but well-done VHS tapes that featured Fr. Barone, a pioneer in Scripture in our diocese and a couple of other fine scholars. On October 20 and 27, at the usual 9:00 Thursday morning time, I will offer a comprehensive treatment of the development of the biblical movement from the beginning of the 20th century to the present, highlighting Vatican II’s stance on Scripture. We will look at some of the institutions and Church figures who fostered the biblical movement and others who impeded it. I will look at the rise and decline of biblical studies in different countries and look at which country has the best outlook for the future in this field. I will discuss how censorship and directives not to publish biblical books by unlearned Church authorities led to Scripture scholars leaving the field due to the lack of academic freedom and the lack of Church support in biblical studies.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
2017 Women of Good Shepherd Scholarship Application
The application form for the 2017 Women of Good Shepherd Scholarship is now avaible in printer-friendly format (PDF) on the “Downloads” page of our website. Please Note: Due Date is May 17, 2017.
2017 Good Shepherd Service Award Application
The application form for the 2017 Good Shepherd Service Award is now available in printer-friently format (PDF) on the Downloads page of our website. Please Note: Due Date is May 22, 2017.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, October 16 to Sunday, October 23
- Sunday, October 16: Faith Formation Mass at 10:00 AM – 5th Grade
- Sunday, October 16: Diocesan Annual Appeal – In-Pew Pledging
- Sunday, October 16: Women of Good Shepherd - Raking of Prayer Garden
- Sunday, October 16: Fr. McHugh – TV Mass
- Tuesday, October 18: Bingo
- Wednesday, October 19: Parish Council Meeting
- Thursday, October 20: Morning Scripture Session
- Thursday, October 20: Charismatic Mass and Healing Service at St. John Bosco, Conyngham
- Saturday, October 22: Rosary Recitation
- Saturday, October 22: Second Collection for Missions
- Sunday, October 23: Second Collection for Missions
- Sunday, October 23: Cash and Purse Bingo at Good Shepherd, sponsored by sponsored by Diamond Fire Company, Hazleton
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – July 30 to October 23, 2016
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – October, November, and December 2016 (New)
- Altar Server Schedule – October, November, and December 2016 (New)
- Greeter Schedule – October, November, and December 2016 (New)
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 3 to October 30, 2016
From Our Music Ministry
- We have introduced a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors begin reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections from August 28, 2016 (22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time) to October 23, 2016 (30th Sunday in Ordinary Time) are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: email@example.com.