Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
In the Gospels, we have certain recurring statements of Jesus of which “He who exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted” and “The first shall be last, and the last shall be first” are the best known. When sayings such as these occur repeatedly in the Gospels, scholars feel these sayings are close to the original words of Jesus. Scholars also believe that the evangelists took liberties with these sayings and inserted them into sections of the Gospels where they best seemed to fit. These sayings are frequently called “floating logions” because they appear in multiple spots in the Gospels.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, August 21 to Sunday, August 28
- Sunday, August 21: St. Mauro Festival at Queen of Heaven Parish, Hazleton
- Sunday, August 21: Back to School Bingo at Holy Family Academy, Hazleton
- Tuesday, August 23: Bingo
- Tuesday, August 23: Crochet for a Cause at Providence Place, Drums
- Friday, August 26: Retrouvallie Program at Ramada Inn, Clarks Summit (begins)
- Saturday, August 27: Collection for Churches of Eastern Europe
- Sunday, August 28: Collection for Churches of Eastern Europe
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – July 30 to October 23, 2016 (New)
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Altar Server Schedule –July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Greeter Schedule –July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 3 to October 30, 2016 (New)
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections from August 28, 2016 (22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time) to October 23, 2016 (30th Sunday in Ordinary Time) are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: email@example.com.