Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Communion for the Homebound
I will try to take communion to the homebound who do not have an extraordinary minister bringing them the sacrament. I wanted to do so for the past couple of weeks, but having multiple funerals, nursing home and personal care Masses and the pre-taped television Mass took away my opportunities. I will not take communion to care homes since I offer Mass there regularly and our communion ministers are very faithful to Butler and Providence Place each week and St. John Bosco does likewise for Fritzingertown and The Laurels.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
2017 Women of Good Shepherd Scholarship Application
The application form for the 2017 Women of Good Shepherd Scholarship is now available in printer-friendly format (PDF) on the “Downloads” page of our website. Please Note: Due Date is May 17, 2017.
2017 Good Shepherd Service Award Application
The application form for the 2017 Good Shepherd Service Award is now available in printer-friendly format (PDF) on the Downloads page of our website. Please Note: Due Date is May 22, 2017.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, November 27 to Sunday, December 4
- Sunday, December 4: Breakfast with Santa
- Sunday, December 4: Faith Formation Mass - 2nd Grade
- Sunday, December 4: ChristkindlFest at Christ Lutheran Church, Hazleton
- Sunday, December 4: Drive Thru Living Nativity at Christ Lutheran Church, Conyngham
- Monday, December 5: Faith Formation - Sacrament of Penance
- Tuesday, December 6: Bingo
- Tuesday, December 6: Fr. McHugh - Mass at Providence Place, Drums
- Wednesday, December 7: Immaculate Conception Vigil Mass
- Wednesday, December 7: Salvation Army Soup Kitchen, Hazleton
- Thursday, December 8: Immaculate Conception Masses
- Thursday, December 8: Women of Good Shepherd Meeting - It's a Wonderful Life, PTPA, Hazleton
- Saturday, December 10: Faith Formation Christmas Play at Providence Place, Drums
- Saturday, December 10: Second Collection for Religious Retirement Fund
- Sunday, December 11: Faith Formation Mass - 3rd Grade
- Sunday, December 11: Second Collection for Religious Retirement Fund
- Sunday, December 11: Faith Formation Christmas Play
- Sunday, December 11: Toy and Gift Card Bingo at Holy Family Academy, Hazleton
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
Ministry Schedules – New Schedules Coming Soon!
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – Oct 29 to December 23, 2016
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – October, November, and December 2016
- Altar Server Schedule – October, November, and December 2016
- Greeter Schedule – October, November, and December 2016
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – October 31, 2016 to February 26, 2017 (Updated Nov 29)
From Our Music Ministry
- We have introduced a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors begin reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections from November 27, 2016 (1st Sunday of Advent) to January 8, 2017 (Epiphany) are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.